Favorite Places




Disneyland, Yosemite, Big Sur.

I have grown up and lived in the Bay Area in California my entire life and California is one of my favorite places to be.


Disneyland (Anaheim, California) 


Of all these places I would have to say that this is the one I visit the most. My family and I used to make a trip once every year but after we began to go more often we decided to invest in an annual pass. I've had my annual pass for almost 6 years now and it was the best decision I think I have ever made. This last summer I took 5 trips to Disneyland in only 3 months.


Yosemite National Park, California


(Source: Personal Image) 
I cannot express how much I love this park. I have been here so many times and yet I feel like there is always something new to see and experience. This is always the first place I visit when I get to go back to California for school breaks. This particular image is of my favorite place to have a picnic and take a walk; Mirror Lake. 

Big Sur, California

(Source: Personal Image) 
I always tell people who are visiting California that Big Sur is one of those places that you just have to see. There really is nothing like it. On one side of the highway, you have stunning ocean views like this on and right on the other side, there is a beautiful redwood forest that you can camp and hike in. My favorite thing to do is take my dog on a drive with me then have a picnic on one of the many dog-friendly beaches in the area.  

Comments

  1. Oh my gosh, California: yes! I have so many favorite places there also, Katie, and that picture of Yosemite is especially gorgeous. I did both my degrees at Berkeley, and I lived all over the Bay area (San Francisco, then Berkeley, then Oakland, then Daly City, then Berkeley again)... and I would gladly go back and live in all those places again. Maybe you will want to use this class as a chance to learn about the Native peoples of California and their stories; there are lots of resources online you can use to do that if you want to explore! Native traditions of the West ... there's a California and Southwest unit in the UnTextbook too; you can take a look at that next week. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts