Storybook Favorites

Today I took a look at some of the storybook projects that were done by other students in the past. It was great getting to see how creative everyone's blogs were and it helped to get me excited about doing my own this semester. After looking through many of the blogs, here were my favorites:

Alice in Relations: 



I found this storybook to be such a good take on this story. The idea of incorporating a more modern viewpoint in a classic Disney story is really exciting to me since I absolutely love anything, Disney. While I am already very familiar with the original story of Alice in Wonderland, this "blogging girl" take is refreshing and very easy to read. Reading the introduction you get a good idea that Alice is just trying to keep up with modernization and the creation of the "WonderPhone." This Alice has begun to learn the ways of the internet via the "Wonderland Wifi" and has begun to make a name for herself on social media. She loves to help "fix" people and seeks to make connections with many new people. I find that this is such an accurate depiction of many young people now who use social media and the internet as ways to form connections with people from all over and use their tools and skills to help others. Overall, this storybook was such a fun and refreshing story.  





This storybook was fantastic! I have always had a fascination with Greek mythology and to see it painted in a new light like this was so fun. While I'm not one of the many people who watch the Real Housewives (I much prefer Jersey Shore) I have several family members who love it so I have a pretty good idea in terms of the show's content. The introduction was hilarious and added the drama one would expect from a "show" like this but also remained hilariously true to God and Goddesses that make up the cast. I also really enjoyed that the "episodes" were in the form of a script or dialogue. This made the story really feel like those somewhat trashy reality shows we all secretly love. 




This is one storybook that I was very excited to learn about when I saw the title and I was not disappointed! I love ghost stories and all things creepy and I find it so interesting when local places have such haunted backstories. I think that makes them all the more creepy and fascinating. This storybook takes you back to learn about the tragic and haunting past of some popular campus locations like Holmberg Hall (pictured above), Cate Center, and the old Tri-Delta House. Reading these stories gave me chills and made me want to investigate these places on my own. I think there is something really interesting about learning about the more unfavorable pasts of a location. 


Comments

Popular Posts