Time Strategies




Proper time management is always something I have struggled with. It wasn't until a little over two years ago that I started to get better at it and learned how I can manage my time better. 

Before, I was one of those students who went into the semester feeling prepared and like I was ready to tackle school. But after the first few weeks, I would always lose track of my work and began to forget due dates. This lead to me buying a planner. 

The planner worked for about a week and a half, then it soon became another attempt at organization that just didn't work for me. I still had faith in the planner though, because I constantly bought new ones thinking they would be more helpful than the last. 

Finally, I learned that it wasn't the planner that wasn't helpful, but it was how I used the planner. After a lot of trial and error, I found the perfect way to organize my planner that would also help me manage my time better. I know that I am one of those people who can't work for hours and hours on end without giving up completely. Knowing this, I spaced my assignments out throughout the week and would commit a small amount of time to homework before giving up or taking a break.  

Keeping this in mind, I am able to plan out my work accordingly and have made leaps and bounds of progress in terms of time management and ultimately, my grades. 

Comments

Popular Posts